You will find Internet full with this topic as you are trying to plan email marketing campaign for your company in the year 2018. Before you kick start, just go through the statistics below to understand where to put your efforts to avoid losing the game.
1. In the year 2017, almost 15 % of email failed to reach the intended inbox and remained undelivered. So, first and foremost step you need to take is to recheck your email list database and remove the negative email ID from which you got the earlier bounces. It may seem a critical exercise, but it is important. Almost all the email solution provider like Send Grid, Benchmark Email, Mail Chimp, etc gives the feature to analyze the delivery pattern of email campaigns. As eeffective email campaigns increasingly rely on good data and new technology, there are factors that hold email back.
But, at the same time, users accepted the Welcome emails and it became more productive with 320% more revenue mapped to them on a per email basis in comparison to other promo emails.
2. The year 2015-2017 did not record any significant change in the average number of legitimate business promotion or information email received daily, however, the number of spammers which passed and detour the security filters has increased from 12 emails to 15 emails per day in the year 2017.
As per DMA, the four most important email marketing metrics (as identified by advertisers) are: Click Through Rate(CTR), Conversion rate, Open rate, and ROI. An email is an essential tool for business promotion. The 90 % the proportion of clients that see email as ‘important’ for achieving business goals.
The major part of total numbers of sent email is being used for Sale [around 26%], whereas 22% of email is being used for engagement, 16% is for brand acquisition and 12 % are for the generating business leads.
3. The business who target audience based on demographics, age, devices, etc, both genders show the equal chance of converting from a desktop while opening an email. Women cover tablet devices within 18% conversions in comparison to 13 % of men. Women are more likely to convert to a tablet device and men on a mobile phone.
Smartphones and tablets can no longer be ignored by email marketers. They represent a massive part of all email interactions and revenue. Desktop represents 17% of all email opens, webmail 36% and mobile 47%. About 61% of email opens occurred on mobile, 15% on desktop and 24% in a webmail client. About 3 in 5 consumers check their email on the go (mobile) and 75% of say they use their smartphones most often to check email.
4. Best day in the week for sending an email- You may often get in confusion when trying to decide the best day for the email campaign. Thinking about Tuesday or Wednesday? Yes, you are right, it is the most preferred days for the email marketers.
5. Consider Millennial and youngsters: If the young age group is in your target list, then be careful they don’t like emails. Millennials, on the whole, are not fans of email instead they prefer instant communication platforms such as WhatsApp and Facebook chat. Just because technology works in a social environment does not mean that it will successfully transfer over into the professional sphere.
6. Consider the length of email for best open rates: You are not getting the reply from the target audience? Surprisingly, your email’s length is the reason why you’re not hearing back from your prospects. Emails having an average of 90-100 words have best open rates just 50% above the long emails.
7. Industry Matters: Banking & Finance, Distribution & Manufacturing, and Travel marketers had the highest inbox placement rates of all industries, each achieving average inbox placement rates of 90 percent or more. However, education being an evolving section which is not counting more considerable turns in email marketing.
8. Worldwide Inbox Placement Rates: For email marketing, reaching the inbox is the first and biggest challenge marketers need to get rid off. Globally, one in five emails is missing the inbox. With 20 percent of email not reaching the inbox, marketers are missing out on not only potential revenue but also the opportunity to build strong relationships with subscribers.
How to optimize the email open rate and inbox placement:
Personalize: Use personalize emails, start with receivers name and greetings. It will increase the open rate to a considerable extent and also help in inbox placement.
Inform: People love to read the important information over email rather reading promotional emails. Focus your messages on the information consumers want.
Mobilize: Now 21 percent of consumers who use to check emails on the mobile devices are annoyed at the lack of responsive design or absence of mobile optimization. Make sure the uses are not going to wait for loading images used in email bodies or going to scroll too much.
Frequency: Half of the consumers feel that a certain brand sends an email too frequent and they summarily delete the mail without opening or reading them. No need to send emails to often, just make a balance.
Subject: Use engaging subject line, make people bound to open your email. Tell the benefit and offers in subject lines or use for informative lines.
From Email: It matters, email sent with IDs like no-reply, respond, etc gets filtered in promotion tab [gmail] or filtered in the Spam folder. Follow the anti-Spam guidelines of the email service provider. Use real names in from email.
Still, you don’t bother to consider all the things and you can just rely on a professional Email Marketing Agency like Digital Business Engine.
Fill the form and see the difference…
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.